I’m super excited, my adorable niece is about to have her first baby. So that means my brother will be a grandpa, (what?!) and that will make me a Great Aunt (cool – I’ve always considered myself a pretty great aunt!). So for her baby shower, we got our sewing machines and fabric out and had so much fun with a few sewing projects for baby. There’s nothing like handmade baby gifts to make us all swoon! I can’t wait to try a few of these other great ideas!
Sewing Projects for Baby That Make Great Gifts
1. To begin with, have you seen these amazing knotted hats? You can dress your baby in style with these cuties!
2. Oh, I always loved my car seat canopies. Find easy directions on this sewing project for baby here.
3. How to make a tag blanket. I sure wish I would have had these 13 years ago when I started having my babies!
4. Aren’t these diaper clutches the best things ever? Perfect for church or a quick outing when you don’t want to lug an entire diaper bag around!
5. Whip up a nursing cover for the nursing mom and they’ll love you forever!
6. Use up your scraps with these fabric beach balls! So soft and cuddly for the kids to play with!
7. Aren’t these knit receiving blankets just super adorable?
8. There’s nothing better than a pacifier clip to keep those pacifiers off the floor!
9. Is your baby a drooler? Then, these baby bandanna bibs are oh so cute and practical!
10. Are these mary jane shoes not the cutest things you’ve ever seen?
11. Because what new mama wouldn’t love some extra burp cloths?
12. This minky blanket looks so soft and easy to sew! I’m thinking I should make an adult size one too while I’m at it!
13. Here’s a free pattern for a knotted baby head tie…also there’s a video attached that gives lots of great instructions! So darling!
14. Here are some great burp cloths that are super absorbent and cute! This is what my cute sister-in-law just made for her first grand baby. They turned out so great!